Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Talk To Me

I have renewed my love affair with Sigur Ros. They are an Icelandic group and I can't understand a word they are saying. The music stirs the depths of my soul and I feel ALIVE when I'm listening to their funky rhythm. I can't say enough about it. And . . . what's my deal with people who speak a different language anyway? I mean, these people can be doing Satanic chants (I'm sure they're not) for all I know and everytime the guy opens his mouth to sing a word I'm THERE!!

I'm not too into Asian and Spanish because I hear it ALL the time. There is no novelty there and, actually with Spanish, I'm able to sort of communicate what I want (especially when they are working up here on the compound). Funny story about that, actually. These guys came up to do some work for me and I was trying to ask them a question. Finally, one of the guys who spoke "some" English said to me in a very broken up way "You speak Spanish! This is wonderful!" Um ..... hello? If I spoke fluent Spanish would you be having the need to say that to me in English? Duh???

Well, I already blogged about my fascination with Swedes of late. What's THAT all about? Right? I was chatting with Brian on the phone last night and he was telling me how amazing the Swedes in his apartment are. They go out and hang out with Swedish girls and he's so hung up on their amazing accent and . . . get this . . . he asks them to say stuff in Swedish to him. Sounds like his mom. Crap.

Well, I am happy to announce that I own, I think, EVERY album Sigur Ros has made. I haven't listened to them in awhile because I wander into many different phases of my music likes or dislikes. Right now, today, I can hardly wait to get in my car and just blast my stereo as loud as I dare. Courtney absolutely HATES it because she likes that sugary sweet disgusting pop stuff that drives me batty. I love how she gives me the nastiest looks when I turn on my Deadbeat or Drum Sex or Sigur Ros or Explosions in the Sky. Dang I'm fun!!

No comments: