Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hay There!

This morning I woke up to the sound of howling wind and heavy rain. Ah, bliss!! I thanked God for this wonderful gift and blessing. Rain! We've been pretty short on the wet stuff around here and now the rains have come! Well . . . only for today. Tomorrow? Yeah, back to the sunny California we all live here for.

Anyway, there wasn't total excitement in my heart. My nice warm bed was just too amazing to want to slip out of and out into the dark, cold, wet morning. However, I summoned up all I had and did just that. Burrrr!! (Well, burr in California terms).

As I bundled up and headed outside the wind just beat me up. I made my trek down to the barn and loaded up my wheelbarrow because (ahem) my Gator is still out of commission. I went about the task of feeding my horses and slipping and sliding in the mud. I almost actually did a full out face plant but redeemed myself somehow.

With that, I just didn't have it in me to load up the wheelbarrow and head to the upper paddock. So I wisely thought to myself, "Why don't I just feed the horses in the upper paddock on my way out later? Hmmm. Grand idea, Sunshine!" I then headed back to the safety and (hopefully) warmth of my house.

Two hours later, when it was time to take Courtney to school, we dipped back to the barn and loaded up the hay on my truck for the upper horses. I then drove up there and got out to unload. I almost got knocked over by the force of the wind. Come on, girl, you can do this! I grabbed their hay and, as I was about to toss it to them, a ginormous gust of wind blew half the hay back into my face, hair, clothes, etc. Wow. Nice.

After I dropped off Courtney for school I headed over to the studio to take my Wednesday morning class. I flipped out my mat and slipped right into my practice. As soon as class was over, someone commented about all the hay around the perimeter of my mat. OMG! Should I be embarrassed? No, just laughed it off as I proceeded to clean up the mess. Then, another fellow yogini said, "I knew exactly which truck was yours out there this morning because there's hay all over it!"

Well, I guess I'm known for something!

No comments: