Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hand Talk

The other day on Facebook, a dear friend of mine posted the following status which I found incredibly hilarious!

"You can tell a lot by a woman from her hands. For instance, if they're placed around your throat, you can bet she's probably slightly upset."

Actually, I/we all communicate a lot with our hands. I have spent years - a lot of years - perfecting the absolute most beautiful "bird". That would be positioning my middle finger in the air at a split seconds notice to signal that what I just perceived via sight, sound, thought, taste, feel or experienced in any other way was not pleasing to me. Sometimes this impulsive knee jerk reaction of mine has gotten me into a wee bit of trouble. Good times!

Actually, funny story about that . . . (sorry Mom). My Mom, who is a very proper British woman and I have NEVER EVER heard her swear outside of the occasional "Damn" (which I think is acceptable speech in England), told me of one time (only one time??) when she was driving and someone royally ticked her off. She said, "I just stuck my middle finger up at him!!" I think I must have almost rolled off my chair laughing so hard at that visual. My mom??? Are you joking??

When I was younger (in my 20's) and used to run every freaking day of my life, I used to get a lot of guys honking at me. Actually I had a running partner and we would flip people off for that. There was one guy in a big silver car that would honk at us every single day at the same exact spot and we flipped him off. I think he must have enjoyed the show. Now, when people honk at me they just want me to get out of their way, lol.

Now that I'm (ahem) more mature (well, my body is anyway - my brain? Not so much), I get to communicate with my hands in a different way. I get to zone peoples feet, face and back and allow energy to be balanced in them. I enjoy zoning so much. The miracles that I have seen happen at the other end of my fingertips is amazing. Just yesterday, I was zoning a client's feet. I felt some sadness and some other disturbances. Since I really enjoy this person so much, we chatted it up while I continued zoning and spending extra time on various areas. When the session was over, we were both blown away at the fact that I had just spent almost TWO HOURS zoning her. She said, "Oh my gosh! We were just lost in some kind of time warp!" It was such a pleasure to see her mood had changed dramatically when the zone was over.

Yep, the hands are amazing! I have learned some wonderful secrets about hands from Katri, my teacher. However, I think I will never give up my favorite mode of communication - the bird.

No comments: