Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Perception

So, Brandilyn is visiting for the weekend. She didn't travel here with Dave because we had her baby shower and it has been a wonderful, amazing, laughter filled weekend. I have actually caught myself laughing so hard with my girls that I was crying. It's been so much fun enjoying each other. I wish we could be like this always, but then I guess we would tire of it eventually. Sigh.

Anyway, one story that Brandilyn recites just had us all in stitches (well actually she recites a lot of funny things because she has this amazing sense of humor). She said:

When Dave and I are in a social setting and the subject of my mother comes up Dave always recites this same story. He says, 'here, let me give you an example of Brandilyn's mom. We are sitting in the kitchen one morning and her mom bursts into the kitchen from outside carrying a great big weed with dirt and roots and all. She is so excited about her find. She promptly puts it into a blender - roots, dirt and all - and makes a drink then drinks the whole thing down.'

Oh my gosh! Is that really how my son-in-law sees me? That's freaking hilarious. Please let me say, however, that I DID clean the dirt off the root system. The plant was an amazing dandelion that I found and, yes, I WAS excited. Yes, I DID drink the whole thing by myself because history has shown me that the residents here on the compound do NOT share my love and taste for "earthy" things. So there!

I just laugh because . . . .really? Really? Am I that odd? Well, I guess maybe I am a little different than mainstream peeps but I guess that's what keeps this place hoppin. We have some very interesting activities that take place up here and I'm proud to be one of the more "unique" aspects of the compound!

No comments: