Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Joe Cool

While I was up in Rexburg with Brandilyn just before I went to Montana, we decided to pop on over to Idaho Falls and see what's what at Target because it is our job to make sure that Target continues to be alive and well. I mean, Target depends on us, right? I swear, the two of us are like little kids in a candy shop when we walk into that dang store. Even though I have the convenience of living close enough to one that I can swoop in there every now and again, it still takes on a whole different meaning when I go with the Princess.

Well, anyway, I realized that I had only packed long sleeved shirts for my trip and that Katri keeps that classroom smokin hot. Dang, I was not going to do well with all this hot flash crap, right? Well, we wandered around and I finally happened upon a shirt that has Snoopy on it and it says . . . you guessed it . . . "Joe Cool" on the front.

I was instantly gravitated to this dog gone (lol, get it?) shirt because I have a quilt that my mom and sisters made me when I got married on January 5, 1980. On one of the corners is the same picture of Snoopy. My sister, Gail, put the words, "Good ol' Junk Food" on the bottom under him. It's funny because I mostly have always been a pretty healthy eater and I was marrying a body builder who was obsessed with how big and muscular and healthy his body could get. (wow, how things change). Anyway, over the years my kids have often looked at that and made a comment here and there about how I "used to be". Little do they know, it was just a joke! Humor!!

Anyway, Brandilyn has since comandeered the quilt because she loves that it reminds her of me. I now have my new Snoopy shirt to remember that wonderful gesture my family did for me when I decided (for whatever reason) that getting married was a good idea.

No comments: