Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh What a Night!

It's funny (to me) that I name my posts often after songs. Whatever.

This year, for drill, Margaret (my leader) came up with the idea that each of us would host a night a month for a fun event for all the team to participate in. This month was Carrie's month. She chose go kart racing here in Livermore and we did that on Saturday night. It was off the hook!

First of all . . . I suck at go Kart racing. Actually, one of my team mates said, "Jody, I finally see something that you royally suck at!" Yay! I mean, I suck at a lot of things but I guess I do it most of the time with a huge smile on my face. This was no exception. My racing name was . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . Sunshine! Surprise!! There were 12 of us racing and guess who finished last? Nope. You're wrong! It was me!! Lol. I said to my team, "My work here is done. I wanted everyone to walk away tonight feeling like they were better than somebody and I succeeded!" Hahaha!!

We then went out to dinner at some Mexican restaurant. There were seven couples and . . . Sunshine. I was the only one without a date. No matter. I made my own party and I laughed and laughed and laughed with my peeps. It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Most of the team was drinking alcoholic beverages. When I placed my order I ordered an Odeuls (non alcoholic beer) and the waitress brought it over and says, "Don't get too messed up tonight!" Hahaha! I like that girl! She's got a quirky sense of humor as well.

Well, August is my month to host the team get together. We all threw around the idea of all of us going to Vegas. I then (for whatever reason) said, "Why don't we do that during MY month?" Everyone jumped at it and agreed that that was a stellar idea. GIRLS ONLY! That will totally make it the time of our lives, right?

Well, after a lot of laughs and fun everyone decided it was time to hit the bar. Sunshine got a text to make a phone call and she decided that that was her cue to exit the scene. I walked out to my husband's car (which was my ride for the evening) with a HUGE smile on my face and made that call. Skip had just finished with his golf and subsequent dinner party as well. Seems we DID have something in common Saturday night . . . we both walked away when the party moved to the bar.

No comments: