Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Patience, Jack Ass, Patience!!!!

A good friend of mine was reciting an experience of late that he had. He said that he was out selling things that he sells (cuz that's what some people do - sell things) and that he was in a position where he was ready to rush off to the next place. Then he felt the scripture from Luke 21:19 come into his head "In your patience possess ye your souls." He then felt impressed to be patient and wait for a certain person to get off the phone (which took like FOREVER!) and he ended up making an incredible sale! Yay!

Okay, then someone told me today on a text message to be patient. Um . . . .

THEN, we are out make-up shopping today - Danielle, Lex, Courtney and I - for Courtney's birthday. I was so lost. I so am NOT into the make-up thing. I chuck on some eyeliner, a bit of mascara and I'm good to go. Always been that way. Can't get into the painting scene. Anyway, while we were in Target getting some brushes or some other crap, I was saying, "Wait, what's that? Where's the _____? How are we going to do the blush or whatever?" Finally, Danielle turned to me and said, "PATIENCE!!!!" Lol.

So . . . is there a message here for me?

I was also talking to my Dad yesterday about a situation and he said this to me: Jody, I think you need to relax and allow things to happen the way they are supposed to. You need to sit with what is and allow what is coming. In other words . . . BE PATIENT!!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

that's a theme in my life right now, too. david and i are making a very conscious effort to be happy where we're at and not be rushing into the next thing. it's hard!