Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Courtney came back to my office, crying, saying that her stomach hurt. I did the usual, "Well, maybe you just need to go poo!" She informed me that that was simply NOT the case. I asked her to point where she hurt and it alarmed me when she pointed right where the appendix was. Trying to stay calm, I asked her to go into my zoning room so that I could see what's what. I pressed different areas on her feet and was relieved when she didn't jump as I pushed the appendix area. I then told her that I thought maybe I should zone her feet and see if we can figure out what really was the problem. When I reached the part of her body that correlated with her colon I realized that there was indeed blockage. I worked on it for a bit and sure enough the gas started releasing and her ache relocated telling me that whatever was causing the problem was now on the move. Long and short, the blockage was moved and she felt fine within about 15 minutes.
Okay, well fast forward to this morning. The twins are getting ready for school and Jacob comes out to the kitchen rubbing his stomach and informs me he has a stomach ache. I look at him and tell him to quit being a faker and go get ready for school. He says, "No Mom, really. It hurts!" Still pretty sure he's trying to pull one over on me I say, "Jacob, if you want your feet zoned just ask for a zone and we'll take care of that tonight."
Jacob then smiles, says "OK" and skips away to finish getting ready for school. Stinker!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Just finished paying some bills - not all but some (I HATE paying bills. They suck)
- I just got a water distiller yesterday and I love, love, love it! It's in there happlily distilling water for me as we speak. Furthermore, I don't have to ration my precious water any more!
- I finally made a decision about my foot zoning dilema. I've decided to use my home as my office. Like wow! The rent is free and the ambiance is priceless. Can't lose!
- I'm heading out for a walk with the twins and Pierra to shake the stress from the bills away.
- We are watching a movie after dinner with a fat bowl of popcorn tonight (we don't get to go out on date nights anymore because of babysitting challenges so this is as good as it gets anymore. I'll take it)
So there it is! It feels good to have some of the ugly black clouds lifted out of my life. I'm ready for some sunshine in my life so come on . . . bring it on!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
I know you read my blog because you told me you do. I just wanted to thank you for listening to me today. I know you have a busy life with work and home and I so appreciate that you took time out of your life to hear me.
Thank you also for confirming to me that I am not losing my mind and that I do understand things correctly. This has been a hard thing that we are going through and it seems that it's just going to be getting a little more difficult before it gets any better.
I'm grateful for your sense of humor and your words of encouragement. Thank you again!
I love you man!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
- Green tea
- Peppermint tea
- Smooth Move tea (well, maybe not a favorite but definitely enjoy the side effects)
- Pomegranite tea
- Sleepy Time
- Lemon Ginger
I especially love the Yogi Teas They have really cute little messages written on the tab of each bag. I also really love that Brandilyn always has tea available when I go visit. Go Brandilyn!
Well, I gotta run. My tea kettle is whistling and you know what that means! It's tea time!!!
Friday, January 8, 2010
My winter veggie garden! I love my garden. Whenever I walk outside in my front yard I pick out all the nasty little weeds that think they have the right to live there. This garden makes me so happy. Not only is it pretty (in my opinion, of course) but it's edible! A super duper plus!
Pierre! I love this little guy. After his near miss with the big, bad coyote, I have become fiercly protective of him. Although he is technically Brandilyn's pup, he has bonded with me and really wants to be my dog. Sorry, Brandilyn. I'm just so grateful that he's healed and healthy again (of course we are STILL paying that vet bill, grrr).
My Gator. It quit working the other night while I was feeding my horses. I abandoned it on the driveway and quickly forgot to mention it to Skip because I got caught up in homework, dinner, kids etc. The next morning while I was going to feed I remembered that it was broken and I was bummed (insert sighing, kicking and being ticked like a teenager here). When I got to the place where I had left it, it was gone! My wonderful man had just fixed it and put it away without saying a word to me! My hero!!!
Like I said, though. There is a boat load of more wonderful things that are great in my life. I guess the trick is to focus on all the wonderfulness and just take a sideward glance at the icktified crud. Right?
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
- I will be kinder to my body by eating foods that make it happy (not that make "ME" happy but foods that make my body happy)
- I will be kinder to my planet by attempting to recycle and use more earth friendly products (way harder than it sounds)
- I will be kinder to those around me by doing something nice for someone each day (I even have it on my calendar each day to remind me)
- I will be kinder to myself by not beating myself up when things in life just don't go according to "the plan"
That's it! Just all about kindness because a little kindness goes a long way and, baby, I have a llloooonnnng way to go!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Anyway, Skip and Brian were driving to Idaho to take Brian back up to school. Brandilyn and I were both super duper sad that I wasn't coming. I couldn't take it any more. I had received two calls from my Princess where she was pretty upset and made arrangements to go, unbeknownst to her.
I just arrived today and she was pretty blown away. I'm happy to be here with her. I miss her so much and struggle with being so far apart.
Yay, yay, yay for surprises!!!