Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Better Together

Lately I've been eating a totally vegan diet. No sugar, no processed foods and absolutely NO animal products of any kind. Of course, to eat this way requires a lot of prep work. You can't just walk into the kitchen and throw something in the (yikes!) microwave. Microwaves are a great big fat no-no in my life!
At any rate, I have been making fat salads that are just to die for almost every night for dinner to accompany whatever soup, rice dish or stir fry I seem to come up with. What's the coolest part of all this is that Skip has been joining me in the kitchen. He is in there dicing, chopping and slicing away. When there is a stir-fry going on, he loves to take control of that too. I am so enjoying this journey of mine with my man right there helping me prepare these yummy vegan meals.
About one or maybe two nights a week I throw some animal flesh out for dinner for the fam (gross!). I eat a different meal on those nights. Now . . . how do I get the peeps in my house to stick around for clean up?

No comments: