Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Pig!!

Today I had my Activity Day Girls. A group of girls from church aged 8-12. They are fun and we meet twice a month and do fun activities.
Today our activity was making scripture cookies. They had to look up specific scriptures to determine which ingredients they needed. They all had a lot of fun and it was kind of entertaining to watch these young girls getting excited when they figured out what each thing was.
Fast forward to when these cookies came out of the oven. After they had cooled a bit I told the girls that they each could have some. I then turned my attention to other things like packing up my gear, cleaning up the kitchen etc. Well we made like three dozen cookies and when the activity was over I told the girls they could divide the cookies and take them home. No biggie. Well, the girls all informed me that one of my girls (who shall remain nameless) had already eaten six cookies! I was a little blown away.
It came time to leave and this particular girl was getting a ride home with yours truly. Because there were several cookies left the two girls I was taking home each packed up a baggie with cookies for "their families" (yeah, nice thought). Well, Miss Piggy procceded to inhale about three more cookies in my car as she is explaining to me that she stayed home from school yesterday with the stomach flu. What?!?!?!? "Girl you had better not hurl those cookies up in MY car!"
She then said, "Yeah, I better not eat too many more because my stomach is still getting better from being sick."
You think? And I thought my teenage boys ate a lot! Gadzuke!!!!

No comments: