Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Full

I'm full - translation is "I really don't like what you cooked but I know you'll get pissed if I tell you that."
Lately I've been making mostly vegan food. The more I study and learn about our body the more convinced I become that animal products (meat, dairy, eggs), sugar and all processed foods are just poison for our bodies. My twins have enough challenges and I feel that if I'm feeding them foods that their bodies are happy with then that is just that much more ahead of the game that we can be. Right?
Lol. Last night I made quinoa (one of my faves by the way) with pine nuts and basil. It was way yummy (well at least to Jacob and I). Jacob had seconds. Courtney, however, proceeded to tell me that she was "full". I gave her "that look" and asked her to please finish her dinner. She did, with lots of drama, of course, and then asked for dessert when she presented me with her empty plate. Ahem! NOT!!!
This morning I heated up some rice with raisins for breakfast. They put honey and rice milk on it and I left the room for a spell. I came back through as Jacob is saying to me, "I'm full." I then laughed and said, "Dude, finish those last couple of bites. Your body will be happy it had a nice breakfast today!". For whatever reason, that logic made sense to him and he finished with a very dramatic face.
So if you happen to be at my house and don't care for the food I prepare, just say "I'm full" and I'll get the message!

No comments: