Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Good Stuff


In my ongoing quest to get back to my happy self, I decided to take a look at the wonderful things that I have to be grateful. Wow! There's a lot! Amongst them are:

My winter veggie garden! I love my garden. Whenever I walk outside in my front yard I pick out all the nasty little weeds that think they have the right to live there. This garden makes me so happy. Not only is it pretty (in my opinion, of course) but it's edible! A super duper plus!


Pierre! I love this little guy. After his near miss with the big, bad coyote, I have become fiercly protective of him. Although he is technically Brandilyn's pup, he has bonded with me and really wants to be my dog. Sorry, Brandilyn. I'm just so grateful that he's healed and healthy again (of course we are STILL paying that vet bill, grrr).


My Gator. It quit working the other night while I was feeding my horses. I abandoned it on the driveway and quickly forgot to mention it to Skip because I got caught up in homework, dinner, kids etc. The next morning while I was going to feed I remembered that it was broken and I was bummed (insert sighing, kicking and being ticked like a teenager here). When I got to the place where I had left it, it was gone! My wonderful man had just fixed it and put it away without saying a word to me! My hero!!!

Like I said, though. There is a boat load of more wonderful things that are great in my life. I guess the trick is to focus on all the wonderfulness and just take a sideward glance at the icktified crud. Right?

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

pierre looks SO fuzzy and cute!! and that garden's still intact, so it's looking like he's stayed out of it! haha