Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who's That?

I recently got this in an email and it's one of my favorite grandma stories:
After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warning. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice,
"Who was THAT?"
I laugh about this because every morning after I shower and wrap my hair in my towel (my twisty towel that Brandilyn got me for Christmas!), I go wake up the twins and fix their breakfast. I tell them to please get their breakfast finished and get ready for school without playing around. I then exit the kitchen and go back and finish getting myself ready.
It makes me feel like my alter ego gets to go out and issue stern warnings and then in about 15 minutes a "put together" mom emerges feeling ready to face the day! At any rate, the story is hilarious and I look forward to having grandchildren so that I can discover my own funny stories to write about!

No comments: