Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That Darn Stomach Ache!

Last night while the twins were eating dinner, I went to my office to get some work finished. I wasn't feeling that hungry and the three of us were the only ones home (pretty typical these days).

Courtney came back to my office, crying, saying that her stomach hurt. I did the usual, "Well, maybe you just need to go poo!" She informed me that that was simply NOT the case. I asked her to point where she hurt and it alarmed me when she pointed right where the appendix was. Trying to stay calm, I asked her to go into my zoning room so that I could see what's what. I pressed different areas on her feet and was relieved when she didn't jump as I pushed the appendix area. I then told her that I thought maybe I should zone her feet and see if we can figure out what really was the problem. When I reached the part of her body that correlated with her colon I realized that there was indeed blockage. I worked on it for a bit and sure enough the gas started releasing and her ache relocated telling me that whatever was causing the problem was now on the move. Long and short, the blockage was moved and she felt fine within about 15 minutes.

Okay, well fast forward to this morning. The twins are getting ready for school and Jacob comes out to the kitchen rubbing his stomach and informs me he has a stomach ache. I look at him and tell him to quit being a faker and go get ready for school. He says, "No Mom, really. It hurts!" Still pretty sure he's trying to pull one over on me I say, "Jacob, if you want your feet zoned just ask for a zone and we'll take care of that tonight."

Jacob then smiles, says "OK" and skips away to finish getting ready for school. Stinker!

No comments: