Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cuttin and Choppin

It seems when you make the choice to go vegan and do it right - not eating any sugar or processed foods - there becomes a whole new added element thrown into food preparation. You actually, uh, have to "prepare" the food. Wow!
So here we are after two weeks of eating this way. I've spent quite a bit more time in the kitchen than before and I'm actually enjoying it somewhat (I hate cooking, remember?). Tonight and last night it wasn't just me in the kitchen either. Skip has been right there with me. I can't say that he enjoys the food that comes out of our labor persay, but he does seem to enjoy helping with the preparation (and I think he likes it when I say, "Wow, honey, that's a great meal you put together!").
Last night was the bestest stir-fry that I've ever tasted (well, pretty darn close if not the best) and tonight we had lentil soup paired with a fabuloso salad. Tomorrow? Don't know yet but you can bet your bippy it will involve a lot of cuttin and choppin!

No comments: