Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Well . . . What'd you expect?

Another brilliant moment as perceived by Dave. I have to say that Dave is one of these clean freaks. He washes his hands a lot and is pretty adamant that everything is CLEAN. I love Dave to death. I really do. He's amazing and he's a perfect husband for my darling princess. However, Dave, up here on the compound . . . well . . things don't always roll with perfection.

So, here we go again. This actually was the last time that Dave was up here visiting. I think it must have been Thanksgiving. Yeah, it was Thanksgiving come to think of it.

As usual, I'm the one who feeds ALL of the animals because . . . well, I just do. I decided that it was time to feed the dogs so I went out into the garage to fill up the dishes with the dry food and then bring them into the kitchen to put some canned food on top. Remember . . . we live up here in the hills. My walls, garage, basement are completely infested with mice. It's just the way it is.

Anyway, I plop the dog bowls on the stove top and turn around to grab a can opener to open the can. As my back is turned, everyone in the room exclaims "Oh! Whoa! Oh no!!" really loud. I turn around and see a mouse just scampering as quick as his little feet could carry him across the counter, down on the floor and into the pantry. Skip, Dave and I don't know who else quickly follow the little critter to make sure he dies some kind of horrible death. (I'm secretly hoping the little guy finds a way out of this mess because NOTHING in my world should ever die at a human's hands). I think the mouse DID make it outside. I can't remember.

What is funny is that I continued with feeding the dogs and then came in and began putting dinner together. I didn't think another thing about it (except everytime I went out to get dog food I was a little leary of the dog food bin).

However . . . Dave's perception is this: "They didn't clean the counters or do anything! They acted like nothing happened. I was so grossed out that they prepared their food on the very counters a mouse had just run across."

Hahaha!! Dave, my family seldom gets sick. I can count on my fingers and STILL have fingers left over of how many days total ALL of my children have missed school from being sick. There's gotta be something said for not looking for trouble.

1 comment:

David said...

ok but brandilyn does have a short thumb...