Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Love Money

Last night I forced myself to sit down and pay bills. It's supposed to be a weekly ritual kind of centered around when Skip gets paid. Lately, it's just been a "damn, the desk is getting pretty ugly. I guess I better sit down and deal with that crap hole." I even tweeted the following, "Dear Bills. I hate you. I'm so glad I don't have to look at your ugly faces until next week. Signed. Me." Wow, such strong negative words from Princess Sunshine! What the flip was up my bum last night?

Well, I have always been the financial clerk of our family. Skip busts his bum and makes the dough and it's my job to bust my bum and spend it (kidding, sort of). Actually accounting is not my favorite thing but I happen to be fairly competent at it. Hate it when that happens! Anyway, in the past, when things got sticky - like I had NO idea where the flip I was going to come up with enough money to cover the weekly expenses, Skip always came up with some magical solution and I felt like, "Wow! This is great! It's not my problem now."

Skip's not here. Jody is. Dang it anyway! I'm so over trying to juggle this bill and that bill to somehow come out with everybody getting a token amount of change and the Weltz's not going under. Since Skip moved to LA I've been fighting this battle and not coming up so well. Last night, Skip happened to call me in the middle of this dasterdly deed I was attempting. When he asked what the flip I was edgy about I said, "guess. Just guess what I'm doing right now." I can't really repeat what he said entirely but his second or third guess was "bills." Bingo!

He allowed me to vent and then said - calmly as only Skip can do, I might add - "Jode, please just write everything down and send it to me so that I can take a look." Whoa! Are you freaking kidding me? You are going to wave your magical wand over this disaster and make it all better for me? Well, Baby, you got yourself a deal! I'm all over that today.

So . . . now to enjoy my day of going on a much anticipated (and much neglected, I might add) walk, riding my fearless steed, taking dogs to the groomer, visiting with my therapist (cuz, who doesn't have issues, right?) and working at the studio THEN coming home and doing the thing that I've been instructed to do! I feel lighter already - kind of like getting my back zoned without getting my back zoned!

No comments: