Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meeces

Ok. I will now publicly (well to the three people who actually ready my blog - which includes myself) admit that I, Jody Ann Nelson Weltz, am terrified of mice. I have never openly admited this before but, with a lot of therapy and treatment, I am now ready to face my demons.

I have always made fun of silly women who stand on chairs and scream, "eeeeeek! A mouse!" What's wrong with them? Do they just like drama or what? I always laughed at how they love to play the "girl" card and freak out.

Well, I can now admit to myself and everyone that I, too, am one of those ridiculous girls. What is up with that? The last couple of days, when I've gone out to get dry food for my dogs, there has been at least one to three mice running around in the dry food bin. The first time I screamed my freaking head off and Jeff came and rescued his mother-in-law, the damsel in distress. Jeff is so calm and cool and just scoops the little critters out and gives me that smile and carries on with his day.

Yesterday I let out another blood curdling scream. Rob had some friends up and I heard one of them say, "Is your mom okay?" Rob replies with, "Yeah, she probably just saw a mouse." I grabbed the dog bowl and scooped the scared little guy out of the bin. As I was carrying him outside to be set free, I felt so sorry for him (or her). The little guy was skinny as could be, young little mouse, and his/her fur was all scruffy. I let the little mouse go free away from my curious, greedy dogs. If Skip were here he would have committed a heinous crime and snuffed out the creature. Nope, Jody lets them go so they can procreate and create more havoc in her life.

So, what's the deal with this? I mean they are pretty harmless, right? They eat my walls, pee on my stuff and leave little turds everywhere. But THAT doesn't hurt my physical self. What's a little scared mouse going to do to hurt Sunshine? That's what gets to me. I think it's the element of surprise. I can pick up any spider or bug or lizard or almost any other creature but . .. . . a mouse? Hell no!

Today is a new day! I will face these little demons with courage. I will open the dog food bin today and say, "Surprise! Here I am! What are you going to do about it??" Lol. Actually, I'll probably just scream and then set the critter free. I'm pathetic!

No comments: