Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bookaholic

I admit it. My name is Jody Weltz and I'm a bookaholic. That's pretty much all I have or should say about that. However, in true Sunshine form, I will expound on my issue which has become a full blown problem of late.

I always marveled, as a child, at how many books my momma had/has. We had a whole wall in our living room that was stuffed full of books. There was everything from children's books to interesting books to really really boring books (in my opinion, anyway). My mom is an avid reader and, dog gone it, I'm just like her in this respect.

When I was fussing to my sister about how frustrated I was because I just couldn't find 411 about this or that she said, "Jody, you need to buy a book on that subject. You are a book person - not a computer (kindle) person. You always seem to like the feel of pages and handling a book." Dude, you spend WAY too much time observing me, lol. However, she's right.

So here I am in yoga teacher training. The reading list is pretty extensive and we need to buy these books and have them for our reference. I did. So now, as I go along, I'm realizing that I need a book to help me with sequencing. A book to help me understand sutras and upanishads. A book to help guide me with . . . fill in the blank. Furthermore, I've also decided that I need a book to give me direction in making raw foods that my twins will like. OMG! She's freaking out of control.

If Skip were home, he'd have a meltdown. My little book closet is FULL. Of course, there's all the books that I had to put in storage when we were "moving" two years ago. And this IS one of those times where I seriously MISS something I haven't had access to for two years. I WANT MY BOOKS BACK!!

So there it is. Me, full out confession. My nightstand, my desk, my car, my satchel, my closet (I have a BIG closet) and even my kitchen are chocked FULL of books that Miss Sunshine is using, reading, researching from or just kind of perusing. And now, that IS all I have to say about that (for now).

No comments: