Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

No More Miss Nice Girl!

I love zoning. I love feet, backs and faces. I enjoy every minute of my job. I enjoy it so much, in fact, that I often don't charge my friends and definitely not my family. I do a lot of bartering with my zoning as well. I score massages, chiropractic care (I zone my doctor's wife), and reike. It's actually a pretty great deal. I do something I love, and I get something I love in return. What could be better than that?

Evidently my business manager doesn't feel the same way as I do. I can't tell you her name but it rhymes with "Oh Well!" She has been on my bum to start charging people for my services. I've also heard it from my teacher, Katri as well. She says, "If you don't insist on a good price for your services then your clients will never truly appreciate the treatment they are receiving." Okay, I guess you guys "might" be right.

I have been attending the beginning zoning class over in Fremont for the past three days where Katri was. It was a springboard session for people that were just beginning to learn the feet. I get to go because I'm certified and am allowed to take any courses over that I have already taken. It was an amazing three days, actually. However, when I was there Katri made a point of telling all that were in attendance that "Jody is certified in feet, back and face. She's the only one in California and you are lucky to have her here in your own backyard. Take advantage of that." One woman asked what I charged for a back zone and I said the price out loud. Katri said, "That is better than a good deal!"

Yesterday, when I was packing up to leave almost everyone there asked me for my business card. By the time I went to bed last night I had already booked a face and back zone. This is exciting! Today I have two clients and tomorrow I have two booked as well.

Although not all that I have booked are paying, I vow to be more diligent in getting paid for my services. I truly don't need my business manager on my case anymore. She's already got me full speed ahead on our "plan". I just found out how many books I have to read to pass my yoga teacher training course and she cracked the whip and said, "Well, let's get on it, then!" Really?

But if you are related to me or have a valuable service that you would like to barter with me for . . . .

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i'll trade clothes for zones! also, you SHOULD be charging. if david were doing taxes for people, you'd better believe he'd be charging--not because he's a money-hungry jerk, but because he spent 4 years of his life and way too much money on tuition and text books to give his services for free. it's the same for you! you've spent months of your life learning your craft and paying for education. loving what you do is amazing, and being able to help your friends is so much fun, but you deserve to get paid because you're talented and educated!