Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Joy for Taxes . . . NOT!

It's that time of year again. Yes, it's that time of year and yes, I've managed to procrastinate that dasterdly deed right up to the eleventh hour. I hate taxes and there's no way you'll be able to convince me otherwise.

Skip did his part. He made his appointment with our accountant and dutifully told me when said appointment is. I only made a mental (sort of) note of when the appointment was (I still can't remember it actually). I do remember thinking, "Whatever. That's so far out there I have so much time it's ridiculous." Right? NOT!

I leave for LA on Friday to visit and I'm supposed to have my package of organized paperwork ready for Mr. Weltz to review and tell me what the flip I did wrong. Ahem. Well, I DID look at the weather report and notice that it was supposed to rain today so I sort of penciled "taxes" in on my calendar. I thought, "Well, if it's raining then the pain of sitting at my desk and doing taxes won't be so great." Wrong again.

When a client asked if I could do a back zone today I was all over it. "You bet your bippy I'll be there!" Bad, bad Sunshine. I finally managed to kill the whole morning today and then picked up Courtney from school. When I got home I was pretty good at finding random chores that needed to be done. FINALLY I sulked my way to my office and started to work. I've been here for the most part of 8 hours. When I took a break to go feed horses I noticed that one of my gardens was over run with weeds. "No, this is NOT ok.", said I to myself "I must weed this at once!" So I did. About 1-1/2 hours later I finally made my way back into the house and decided that maybe dinner would be a nice project. When that was over, there was nothing left for me so off I went back to the office. :(

Finally, 10:30 is here and I've decided that it's bed time. 5:00 comes early and Sunshine needs to be Sunshine tomorrow. Are the taxes complete? Kind of. Am I going to get the "what for"? Probably. Do I care? Um . . . no. Well . . . sort of.

No comments: