Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fatty McFat Fat

Okay, I'm going to get into royal trouble for this one but . . . . yeah, you know the drill. It's MY blog and I get to say whatever I want and if you don't like what I have to say then . . . you don't have to read my blog. Right? Right!

Whenever I go up to Washington to visit my momma and sister I discovered that EVERY morning my sister's dogs got two kongs filled with peanut butter. The dogs' coats are so shiny and soft and she told me it was because of the oil from the peanut butter. I decided to incorporate this practice into my own dog pack. I soon discovered that my chubby little Pierre LOVED his kong but . . . he's hog fat. Maddie, the black lab, didn't care for it so that's fine. Holly, my "so old I can't believe she's not dead" dog enjoys her kong and she can't really eat so that's a good thing. Simba, our pitbull pup that I adore, LOVES his kong and inhales two with no problem.

When Danielle and Jeff moved in they brought their beloved little Koda - a chubby little dog that barks a lot whenever there's any disturbance. Actually, I've come to be pretty fond of the guy. So fond, in fact, that I bought a smaller kong for him and fill one up for him each morning. He LOVES his kong and gets so excited when he sees me preparing them.

Danielle and Jeff went to Disneyland for like five or six days and left Koda here in my care (big mistake, lol). He actually snuggled wth me at night - which made me happy and not want to get out of bed in the morning. When the kids got home from their trip Danielle exclaimed, "Wow! Koda's FAT! Please don't give him that kong full of peanut butter. Maybe just a little bit but not full!"

Are you kidding me, Danielle? I had to stifle myself. Here's Danielle (and Jeff) eating dinner and the dog is on his hind legs with his paws on the chair waiting for his share of the grub. He's NEVER disappointed. Furthermore, the pup free feeds on his dry food. OMG! The kong? Ha! I hardly think so. Anyway, I told her that I would do as she wishes. But secretly . . . . yeah, Koda loves his Grandma.