Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Need Bread

This thought just popped into my mind this morning as I was driving to work. I guess I was trying to go over my day in my head and realized that I need to take off my wedding ring before I zone my client at 11 today.

About 1017 years ago, when I was like 23 years old, I was married to Steven (gasp! I was married before!) He was a competitve body builder and was extremely particular about his diet. He followed the Pritkin diet and I had to make bread, daily, to accomodate his culinary needs. Back then I didn't have a Kitchenaid so I kneaded the bread by hand. I actually was pretty good at making the kind of bread that had ZERO fat in it.

I worked at the same company as Skip works now (hence, the way we met). The bosses wife came in one day and, for whatever reason, I noticed her ginormous diamond on her wedding ring. Being young and naive and not very classy, I complimented her on the gorgeous ring. She thanked me and then I (tactful, Jody) said, "Do you ALWAYS wear your ring? Like ALL the time?" She told me she never took her ring off (I'm sure she's thinking "who is this ditz, anyway?"). I then said, "Even when you knead bread?" (You have to realize that in my 23 year old mind I'm pretty sure that everybody did what I do all the time, right?) She gave me the most shocked look like, "how dare you!"

There was someone else standing by and they caught on immediately. That person (another woman) said, "I think Jody is referring to making bread not needing money." Mary kind of laughed at my stupid ridiculousness and said, "Oh, no, I don't knead bread so that's not an issue."

Well, today I have a gorgeous ring that Skip bought me 10 years ago for our 15th anniversary. It has a pretty nice diamond in it and he had it designed to fit my lifestyle (the ring was a surprise gift - there's a good story behind that one too). The diamond is set down inside the ring so that I won't knock it off while out working around the ranch. I like it alot. I do, however, need to take it off when I zone clients (which has been a daily event lately) because the stone holds energy. I usually like to leave it at home but some days, like today, I forgot and left it on so I hang it on my keyring when I go to my appointment.

It's funny how things change. Since zoning is my job and I actually get paid for it, I can now say that I DO take off my ring when I need bread! Lol.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

aaw, i remember when daddy got you that ring! he was SO excited to show it to me before he gave it to you (or, tried to give it to you...you really should blog about that day) and so proud that he'd designed it himself. it's gorgeous. he loves you.