Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gimme a Break!

Lol. I guess my Twiter feed is usually a pretty great place to get ideas for blogging. Danielle gives me heck when I go on a blogging hiatus so this is my attempt to write a quick ditty as often as I can. Some days I even pump two or more out!

Yesterday, I got a 4:00 PM message that my 5:00 PM child care person wasn't going to be able to make it to work. She claimed that she had tried everybody and that nobody was available to fill in for her. She pretty much followed the rules which are: Make every attempt you can to find a replacement then call me as a last ditch effort. Good on her. So my job is to then find a sub or go fill the shift myself.

I texted all of my subs and only one had the courtesy to contact me back to indicate that she was still at work over in Fremont. Fair enough. But . . . hello??? I know that in this day and age just about everyone has their cell phones rammed up their bum!! I find it difficult to believe that not a single one of those people didn't get my message. And then to not even text me back to say, "Sorry, Beezey, I'm so not gonna help your sorry butt tonight." ?? Honestly?

Danielle, Brandilyn and my mom have all made comments about how my phone is permanently attached to my being. That may be true to some extent. I do leave it in the car more than they realize. When I ride my horse, practice yoga or go into some stores I really don't want that pesky accessory in my business. However, I'm all over it when I receive a text. I reply. I also check my email on that silly thing and other things that I don't need to elaborate on. So, these WOMEN who can't even text me back a reply just ate at me last night.

It ended up that Danielle made the grave mistake of calling me on her way home and got an ear full of how pissy I was and my frustration of not being able to get to the studio to cover the shift because I was still feeding horses, waiting for Jacob to come home, getting ready for my teacher training class, etc., etc., etc. She then said (and I'll forever love her for this), "I'll just head over there and cover until you get there. If it's too busy for you to go to class, I'll just cover it." Ok, really? Danielle doesn't even DO yoga and here she is covering my tail. Talk about good karma coming her way.

Thank you, Danielle. You saved my bacon last night so, "YES! I'll do Taco Tuesday tonight complete with some wonderful surprises!"

As for you lilly livered wussies that didn't respond . . . .

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

go D! i will SO cover for you when we live near each other again...and assuming i don't have a bladder infection...