Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Student is Ready

Day #18: a photo of one of your classes

Since I'm not a typical "student" and don't go to college or attend high school, I have unique classrooms. My home is my classroom. My church is my classroom. Actually, the world is my classroom. I learn so much each and every day with the different experiences that I enjoy (or not). One of my favorite sayings is: When the student is ready, the teacher will come. I think that that is applicable in ALL aspects of our lives. However, these are two classrooms that bring me exceedingly much joy in my life:
This is a pretty poor photo of the schooling ring that I ride my beautiful, majestic, gorgeous Black Horse in. He's such a great horse for me and he goes over each and every one of these jumps. That person right there in the middle with the maroon jacket on is my trainer, Irene. I'm sure she's barking at someone about what they messed up right here in this picture. However, we love her to pieces and I wouldn't trade the experience I have had riding with her for the last 12 years for anything.
This picture is one of the rooms at my yoga studio, Cosmic Dog Yoga. I try to get to the studio at least four or five times per week. Sometimes, like this week, I'm not that successful because of life or broken bones or whatever. However, yoga has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. In this picture is one of my instructors, Colleen. She's such an awesome and motivating teacher. I really enjoy her classes (they absolutely kick my butt sometimes). But then on days like today, she is so awesome at giving me modifications for my challenged foot.

So there it is! Two of my favorite classrooms EVER! Yoga and my horses are two of the ways that I strive to take care of ME!

No comments: