Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Day #3: A Photo That Makes You Happy

This is a picture of my Dad at his place up in Magalia, Ca.
My mom always told me that I was Daddy's Little Girl. She said that when I was little I melted his heart when I went running up to him at the airport when I was like 2 years old when my mom and I were returning from our trip to England. I was yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!"

I must admit, I LOVE my dad! Him and I are so much alike. Can't say if that's a good thing or not, lol. My husband would probably lean towards the latter (not). He thinks I'm too laid back and that I allow people to walk all over me. He's right but it's who I am.

I love looking at this picture because it brings back lots of happy memories. My dad is a wonderful, kind, giving and loving man that would NEVER intentionally hurt anyone. Something he said to me that I have never forgotten: Jody, if there's a woman taking tickets at the picture show she sees a lot of people just walk by and hand her tickets every night. Some smile but mostly everybody just hands her the tickets. They don't notice her and she doesn't really notice them. Then there's the ONE person that stops and says, "My you look pretty tonight! I really like your blouse." She will remember that person. They will have made an impression on her and have put a smile on her face. I like to be that person.

Daddy, so do I.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

this made me tear up. you really are so much like your daddy. i'm proud to be a part of that family.