Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happier Times

Day #12: a picture of you

It's funny, because today has been a challenging day at best. The last thing I want to do is post a picture of myself. I know that the only peeps that really read this are my daughters, my sister and my mom. I love all of you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know. What I'm saying is that this blog is more of a personal journal, I guess, so posting pictures of myself seems a bit narcissistic. However, to keep in harmony with the task at hand (the 30 day photo challenge) I'll comply.

I put this picture of me up here because I look happy. It's been a long time since I remember feeling as happy as I look in this picture. Of course, this was BEFORE everything in my life went to heck. I like my hair color, the color of my face (I'm a total sun worshipper) and this picture doesn't give the appearance of me being grossly overweight (something that ALL pictures of late seem to do).

This photo was shot at the Weltz Family Reunion in San Jose in 2009. I have no idea who shot the picture but I was obviously happy. Probably because I was chilling with my sister-in-law, Julie. I LOVE her and we have so much fun together. She truly makes me laugh.

That (laughing) would have been a difficult task on this day, too. I really do NOT enjoy family reunions. I don't know the majority of the people there and I'm not a big fan of pot luck style meals. I usually bring something that Skip expects me to bring (some meat and fat thing) and then something that I know is Jody friendly.

Anyway, it makes me smile to know that I possess the ability to be this happy. It gives me hope that brighter days are still ahead for me.

No comments: