Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Toe Tapping Greatness

Day #8: a photo of your favorite band/musician

Anyone that knows me knows EXACTLY who will be on this post. Not just ONE but TWO!!
That's right. Michael Jackson has been one of my absolute favorite musicians for almost my entire life. He was born just two weeks before me. I grew up with his music and, although I don't agree with some of the ways he conducted his personal life, I think this man was one of the most gifted and talented artists EVER! I never tire of watching his music videos. I own 'This Is It', the dvd of the rehearsing of his final tour that sadly never took place. I'm so excited that Skip surprised me with tickets to see circ de soleil all performed to Michael Jackson's music in January. My husband so knows me so well.

The other performer that I can't seem to get enough of is Britney Spears. I LOVE her music! Does that make me weird? Probably. She's also an awesome performer. Yes, her personal life has been a little "off" but aren't they all? Pretty much any performer I know has a messed up private life. However, that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the fruits of their labor. Anyway, I was devasted (well, almost) when Skip wouldn't let Brandilyn and I go to Salt Lake to watch Britney perform earlier this year while she was on tour there. It would have really made my LIFE!

Danielle took me to see Cher on her final farwell tour years ago and I have to say that that concert was the BEST concert I have ever been to. I was thinking that Britney would have been a pretty close runner up. Alas, it was not to be for me. The only thing better? Yeah, Michael Jackson in concert. I would have flown to London just to see it. I really would have!!!

Then there's one more performer that I really enjoy. Lady Gaga. However, when she came walking out in an outfit laden with raw meat from a poor animal that gave it's life to make some kind of lame "statement", she kind of lost me a lot. It was DISGUSTING!!
But Britney and Michael? Yeah, I can rock to those two anytime and anywhere!

No comments: