Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Now Playing . . .

Day #11: a photo of your favorite film(s)

I'm a little quirky, I admit, and so therefore the movies that I can look back on and say that they are probably my top two faves are . . . drum roll, please . . .Yup, Dances with Wolves is one of the two! I just LOVE Kevin Costner in this movie. I love the story. I love the scenery. I love that the Indians in this movie were lovers of horses. I love the message that this movie gives. Yes, this movie is wonderful and I don't tire of watching it. When Michelle came over to babysit me with my broken foot drama, she asked if I wanted to watch Dances with Wolves. I said, "YES!!!" I thought she was bringing it over and she thought that since it was my fave I would have a copy of it handy. Unfortunately, like most of my stuff, it's packed. Sadness.

But wait . . . that's not all. There is one more movie that I just can't get enough of. Yes, I'm sure that this movie choice will definitely tarnish my reputation as a classy babe (LOL!!!), but I just LOVE this movie!

Yes, Blazing Saddles is crude and rude and downright socially unacceptable. I guess that's why I LOVE it so much. The humor matches my own, somewhat. Actually, I was living in San Antonio, Texas for a spell when I was 18. Young, cute and VERY single. Right there in town is the Lackland AFB and guess what movie was playing there on the base. Yay! So, when these cute desperate young airmen wanted to take a young lady (if you could have called me that then) out on a date, of course the movie on the base was the absolute cheapest game in town. I think I went like 12-15 times. NO JOKE!!


To this day I quote often from this movie. My friend, Nancy, told me that she was tempted to watch the movie so that she could get an idea of where I came up with some of my funky sayings. Heehee.

No comments: