Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Born to Ride!

Day #10: a photo of you as a baby

Since a lot of my stuff is packed, I don't have a picture of me as a baby readily available to post here. However, if I could pick a picture that best defines me as a baby, I think this would definitely be in the top 10.
My wonderful momma instilled in me at a VERY early age a love and passion for horses. She rode all through her youth in England, where she grew up. I, in turn, was able to pass that passion on down to my daughter, Brandilyn.

When I was like four years old, my mom bought me my very first horse. A pony named Patches. I vaguely remember riding on my pony behind my mom on her horse, Raffie. My mom would have a rope that went from my pony to her capable hands (just in case that pony of mine decided that him and I were going elsewhere, I suppose). We would go on rides along trails that snaked along side the country road that we lived on. This is actually one of my very few memories of my childhood. I'm not blessed with a great memory of events (as my husband will attest to).

My mom has told me over the years that I was a really pretty baby and little girl (things change). Maybe that was because I was her oldest child. I know that I was really really short until about middle school and then I shot up like crazy. At one point my parents thought I was going to be a midget because at like 18 months I could walk under the coffee table without having to duck my head.

At any rate, this picture of a baby miniature pony alongside this child is simply priceless, in my opinion. I hope that this baby has the opportunity to explore the magic of viewing life between the ears of his horse like I did. There's just not words to describe it.

No comments: