Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Besties!

Day #13: a photo of your best friend(s)

This is actually a difficult one for me. I have lots of friends! I remember, though, growing up that we were having a conversation with my mom about her friends and she said, "I have a lot of friends, or acquaintances, but very few people in this world I can call my true friends." I've often touched on that thought throughout the years and I must say that I agree. However, I'm considering myself pretty blessed to have people in my life that are truly great friends. Here's a few of the people I call my besties:
This is my sister, Gail (Liz as her friends call her). She lives up in Washington state where I grew up. This picture shows her with her dog, Everest. She is very close to my mom (which I am eternally grateful for because it gives me a lot of comfort to know that momma is being well taken care of and looked after) both geographically and every other way. Gail's passion is the earth. More specifically, plants. She is an awesome gardener (as is my mom) and the two of them own their own CSA (community supported agriculture) and are becoming pretty successful at her little business. I glean a lot of knowledge from her whenever I visit. Even if we weren't sisters, we would still be best friends. This is my other sister, Tammie (who's with her beloved dog, Chester). She lives here in California about an hour from me. She is a holistic chef. Tammie has always been pretty passionate her whole adult life about fitness and nutrition. Now, she is a personal chef and trainer to quite a few people. I'm so proud of her. She has clients come to her home. She weighs them, chats with them about what they did right or wrong the previous week, gives them suggestions to be more successful in the future and sends them on their way with a menu and FOOD that she has prepared so they can stay on track. She is really building up quite a large clientele. I try to visit with her at least every two weeks. We talk about how it would be great if I lived closer so that I could do her books and administrative work.

My sisters are sooo different but I love them both. Gail, however, has a personality that is more like mine (and our Dad) and we are able to connect and bond in that way. Tammie is just a ball of energy and it's so stimulating being around her - even for just a short period of time. I really feed off of her energy.

These are two of my other besties that will be my besties for ever and ever:
This one is Terri Watterson (with her oldest daughter, Shauna Leigh). I love her so much. Our children were best of friends growing up and we met through our girls. Our families became inseparable until the Wattersons had to move away. There wasn't anything I couldn't tell Terri. She never judged me or made me feel like I didn't measure up because of things I had done. Unfortunately (for me) Terri has returned to live with Heavenly Father. He needed her to come home and I must say that I miss her terribly. I miss that we could talk for hours on the phone together while we did mundane chores about our homes. I miss our family dinners together. I miss bouncing my silly ideas off on my friend. However, I take a lot of comfort in knowing that I will see my friend again soon.
And this is Nancy Allen (who is with MY dog, Pierre). Nan and I actually met because WE became friends. Our children were not involved. That makes this friendship that much sweeter. Nan and I like to do a whole lot of stuff together. Nan is one of those friends that will call just to see how I'm doing. That means a lot. We bike together, we garden together, we ride horses together, we go to the temple together we do a LOT together. One time, though, we were in the mall shopping for something and a woman said, "Gee it's so nice to see such good friends out shopping together." Nan replied, "Well, we aren't usually shopping friends. This isn't what we do together." We both started hysterically laughing because that was just such a random thing for her to say! Anyway, I love Nan and am so grateful for her. She is ALWAYS there for me and ALWAYS has great input to help me through whatever crisis I'm experiencing.

So there you have it. These are four of my bestest besties EVER! I love you girls and will cherish the relationship we have together forever! Of course, the only one of you that will EVER read this is Gail. Lol.

No comments: