Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Doctor Sis

Today I went over to visit my sister WAY on the other side of the bay. She lives like 1-1/2 hours from me now which seems like a LONG way away. However, when you consider that my mommy and my other sister live 12 hours away, there really isn't a good excuse why Tammie (the 1-1/2 hour sister) and I don't get together more often.

So today I went up there to see what's what. Also, she has offered to help me out with my nutritional needs since I've been to my doctor this week and got the "news" that some things need to change because my body just ain't the 20 year old body that I obviously have thought it always would be. I'm not sick or dying or anythng like that. No, I just have some stuff going on that needs to be addressed.

Enter, Tammie. Tam is now a holistic chef and only uses fresh organic ingredients in her foods. She is a personal chef for a lot of different clients and is busting her buns making her business successful. I'm actually pretty impressed with all of this production of her's. Her clients have a variety of health issues. Some are overweight, some are under doctor's care (ahem, like your's truly here) and some are just plain lazy or hate to cook. Whatever the reason, they get really awesome meals and meal plans from my sister.

I'm hoping that I can help her out with some bookeeping and secretarial (administrative) kind of duties to pay for the help she is offering me. I got to sample some of the soups and various other things that she is making and, I gotta tell you, MAN they are mmm-mmm GOOD! I'm pretty excited to be on a plan that calls for this kind of cuisine!

Suddenly the news from the doc doesn't seem like such doom and gloom. Bring it on! Now, if we could only incorporate the skills of my mommy and my other sister, Gail (the 12 hour sister), into all of this. They run a CSA up there in Washington state. I'm really feeling outnumbered by all of this family talent!!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

OK, i just had a GENIUS idea. you guys should all have a blog and contribute different aspects of. like you and tammie can contribute the vegan recipes, post work out tips, gail can do tips for growing your own food or buying locally...that would be awesome.