Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Is ME!

Day #6: A photo that makes you laugh
I honestly couldn't just put one photo up here. There are a lot. After scrolling through lots of pictures that I have on my computer, here are a few that I came up with that make me laugh:

This one of Brian was taken while we were in Australia. I was walking behind Brian and he, obviously, had NO idea that I had my camera out. He was sort of mooning me and the whole family got a total laugh out of the fact that I was clicking away.
This picture I took up in Idaho after I went with the girls to help everyone get settled into their new apartments and ready for college life. This is Jillian, Brandilyn and Michelle. I was so excited that I was able to snap the shot at just the right moment.
I couldn't resist including this picture. Robbie got a haircut (that in and of itself is a pretty hilarious thought) and made this funny face when I wanted a picture of his new haircut. It makes me happy to see and remember him in a happier time.How could I not include this picture of Jacob? I walked into his room and just about lost it. I was like, "You clean up this pig pen AND NOW!" Usually we laugh about these things in like 5-10 years. Actually this was just a couple of months ago. I'm already laughing. His room is pretty much spotless every morning before he leaves for school. Oh, I do have to nudge him a little, but he makes his bed and has his room completely picked up - no clutter - to the point of if someone were to come look at our home (it's still on the market), Jacob's room would be the room I'm most proud of.
Okay, I know Courtney isn't thinking this is funny but I find it completely hilarious! We went to Disneyland for a week during spring break. On our first day that we were going out, Courtney came out of the room dressed like this. I said, "Are you really going out to spend the day with me in that outfit?" She could find nothing wrong with what she was wearing. Today, (and someday she will agree) I find this whole concept hilarious! I should have let her wear what she wanted and allow natural consequences to come into play. Of course, probably nobody would have noticed. If they did, they would have likely kept their comments to themselves.

Oh how we live and learn! I really strive (and often it's a HUGE stretch) to have a 10 year perspective on life. Today's WTF's turn in tomorrow's OMG's while we are holding our stomachs, laughing our brains out with tears streaming down our faces.

No comments: