Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tractor

So I went out to ride Black Horse today. Jen, Lysette and I were just doing our lesson while the guy was dragging the ring around us. He stopped, got out off his tractor and went to talk to Irene (our trainer). No big deal. Several seconds go by and I'm off in my own world just trotting around when I hear Jen yell, "Hey, your tractor!"
Just at that point I see the tractor just rolling down the hill with a Mexican running after it and yelling. The tractor ended up flipping upside down and Black Horse spooked. In true Jody fashion my brain thought, "oh, the tractor is upside down" and just kept going along (like, "my horse is dead" and then get back in the cart and put it into reverse before the reality of what I'm seeing just hits me). Yeah, so then I'm like "CRAP the tractor is upside down!!"
Well, it made for an eventful lesson as they got the backhoe out to right the tractor up with three Mexicans and the woman who owns the ranch all making hand gestures, talking loudly and almost getting hurt in the process.
I must say, "Life is just NEVER dull!"

No comments: