Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Top Stories of the Day

1. As you may or may not know, I lost my beloved baby, Mosque, last week. I gave Dave the assignment (or rather he took the assignment upon himself) of finding me a new pal. He emailed me this little beauty. I was instantly very interested until he informed me that this darling was not available. Sadness.

2. Last night while playing with our grand daughter, Ava, Skip was jumping (oh so lightly) on the trampoline. When we got off and had had a chance to sit for a spell he stood up and realized that he had blown out his knee. No warning - just intense pain. Not even the zonologist in the house is able to help (or convince) him. He's on his way to the ortho as we speak.


3. Okay, this is a goody . . . I got a call today from Courtney at school. Yeah, the little darling was doing "time" in the principal's office and had to call to inform me of her crimes. Things are not always as they appear . . .


4. I went on a trail ride on Zoe yesterday (Dave, you'll LOVE this one). I needed to reconnect in the saddle after my loss last week. Anyway, we were riding up the road and 3 cows and 2 bull calves were loose. We had to herd them back up to the park (about half a mile) and thread them through not one, but TWO gates back to where they belong. Zoe rocked!


5. Jacob got a thumb drum for his birthday in February (see photo). I kind of got it for him as a joke. It was the best $30 I have ever spent. The kid plays with this thing every morning on the way to school. At any rate this morning he was informing me that the screws need to be tightened to enhance the quality of the tune (WHAT???). He then went on to advise me that his goal in life is to be a rockstar and play the thumbdrum. Okay - now THIS is one opportunity (and concert) I so don't want to miss!
Rock on!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

let me know what happens with dad's knee! and jacob's rockstar status!