Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

In 2004 we used a standard film camera, a timer and tripod to shoot out family Christmas card photos. The following are some examples of said photo shoot:









Clearly there is one member of family that was not thrilled about the whole picture taking experience. Today I find the whole thing completely hilarious. Of course, back then I was livid and we ended up having to take another evening and try it again (I guess this is where the 10 year perspective would have come into play).

Flash forward to 2009 and we now have the same individual graduating from high school (yeah, I'm pretty relieved too). This morning (Mother's Day) we went up to the park at 7:00 a.m. and did his photo shoot (hahaha I got an 18 year old out of bed early). This is an example of what we came up with:






My son has come a long way. The journey has not been easy. When he came into my office this afternoon, hugged me and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. You do so much for us and I want you to know I appreciate it." Every bad of the past became a blur. That's a mother's unconditional love.

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

hey, those turned out great! what a handsome guy. you combine that face with the charm we see from time to time and it's no wonder the ladies can't stay away :)

Robyn Pelamati said...

Trojan Boy cleans up very well!! Good job Mom!!! =)