Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mosque

Today is a sad day for me. I came home and my bestest, favoritist horse was missing. I went looking for him and my worst fears were confirmed. He was dead - just lying on the trail. I instantly fell apart and started sobbing.

I loved this guy. Everybody else that rode him hated him (except Steph) but I loved him. I could depend on him even when he was being a sketch. We went on trail ride after trail ride together and he never failed me. He would run his little heart out for me, go up the steepest hills and even through those scary gates (after a LOT of convincing).

I'm going to so miss him.

3 comments:

Neener said...

So a few weeks back, Jody gave me the opportunity to build my "sweet training skills" with the lovely Mosque. I was so excited! I saddled up, hopped on and got down to business. However, after only a few minutes of working with Mosque, it was clearly evident that i had little to teach him...rather he was teaching me. He moved with incredible grace, agility and enthusiasm, ready for the next "challenge" I had in mind for him. I soon threw out the entire idea of training and focused on enjoying our sweet moments together. What a beautiful afternoon it made.

Jode said...

Thank you, Steph.

brandilyn said...

I love you, ofum. i'm so sad for you and i hope daddy's being nice to you. i asked him to try to be sympathetic. i do know how you feel and you're in my prayerss. i love you!!