Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Happy Mommy Day

You know what I love? Yesterday. Plain and simple.

I got up at 6:30 and drug Brian out to the park for a photo shoot (uh, Senior pix). He was grumpy but turned it around. Came home to sick Courtney and Robbie volunteered to stay home from church to watch her so that I could go (um, yeah, quite the sacrifice but I digress).

Church was a nice change. . . I got something out of it and actually enjoyed the entire three hours!

Came home and layed in the sun with my honey, then we took a nap. Woke up to find the entire house asleep enjoying Sunday quiet time. Mmmmmm.

Skip prepared dinner. All my grown kids called and/or texted and I called my own Mommy.

Brian asked if we could finish the day with family prayer (yeah, that caught me off guard too).

No presents, no bickering, no contention. Just the way I love it to be. Thank you, family, for the best mother's day I have ever had.

No comments: