Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Home alone - almost

Tonight is a big night for me! Skip and Robbie are off to Las Vegas to watch some motorcycle thingy bob. Brian is heading up to Healdsburg to see the love of his life (for now) and Courtney is spending the night at Amanda's. Oooooh! It kinda sounds like I'm home alone. Oh wait, I forgot somebody. Jacob!

Okay, so the little guy and I have the house to ourselves tonight. What to do, what to do. Maybe a movie? Maybe the hot tub? Maybe just hang out and play on the computer? It don't make no never mind cuz he's pretty easy. Just give him a deck of Pokemon cards and he's entertained for literally HOURS! So I can do whatever it is my little heart desires.

Oh, except for the part where we are supposed to be bonding. Well, anyone who knows me knows how well I do that kid/mom bonding thing. Yeah. Whatever. Well, one thing I DO know for sure . . . I'm SO NOT COOKING!!! Yup, you heard it. When the cat's away this mouse will play. So Jake and I will be enjoying something pretty plain and simple.

So one might feel sorry for Jacob right about now. Nope. This kid is getting the evening just the way he likes it. Low key, no stress, no expectations and whatever!!!

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

i'm jealous..i wanna come play with jake!

Robyn Pelamati said...

I'll come and play with him for ya! OH YEAH..... I ALREADY DO THAT ALL FRICKEN DAY LONG!!! lol
I love that boy! You toooo sunshine!