Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One of THOSE!!

I attended a luncheon today for the local business people in our area that are trying to network (blah, blah, blah) together to help each other out. That's not what my blog was about in case you were ready to tune out. At any rate, I sat next to this nice man that appeared really friendly (I later realized that I wasn't wearing my wedding ring - I usually don't on days I work because I can't wear it while I'm zoning clients - whole different story but it might explain a lot).

Okay, so we all go up and serve our lunch - buffet style - and I come back to sit down with some vegetables and a little salad on my plate. He leans over and says something to the effect of "you forgot to get your main course. The chicken whichamacallit thingybob with gooey grossness smeared all over the pasta (I think he described it different so I might be paraphrasing here)." I (I think politely) said, "Oh I don't eat meat" with my sweetest smile. He then said, "Oh, you're one of THOSE!"

What the hell was that supposed to mean? I mean . . . really? California? 2009? Yeah, I didn't get it either. I live in a home with carnivores and interact with carnivores in every aspect of my vegetarian life and they all seem to accept my culinary choices just fine, thank you very much. So why the attitude?

Well, I turned to my new friend and said, "Yeah, I'm one of those." It was then my turn to stand up and introduce myself, what I do and a little bit about my business (you know, the whole natural healing through zoning feet thing). I think he got the point.

No comments: