Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

For the Cats!

This is just too funny to pass up. . .

I'm up here in Rexburg visiting with Dave and Brandilyn. We went to the grocery store last night after dinner to pick up some stuff for tonight's big family dinner that they are hosting. The three of us were brainstorming and trying to come up with all the things we needed (Joseph Reed had given us a shopping list because he's doing the cooking - go Reed!!).

At one point Brandilyn pauses and is pondering over a display in the middle of the aisle. I didn't take much notice because I was off in my own selfish world. Then I heard Dave say, "Hon, what are you doing?"

Brandilyn said, "Well, this is just such a great price for cat food. It's $2.50 for 12 cans of food!"

"Uh, we don't HAVE a cat", responded Dave.

"Well, we might get one some day and then you'll be sorry that we didn't take advantage of this sale!" defended Brandilyn.

From my perspective this exchange was absolutely hysterical. I know it's a "had to be there" moment but I'm telling you those two had me rolling. Needless to say, they didn't get the cat food.

No comments: