Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chicago

We went to Pleasant Grove, UT to visit some dear family friends today - The Wells Family. It was such a treat. I have to tell about a funny thing that happened while we were there . . .

Braxton (8 years old) was chillin in his pajamas this morning. Kaylene (mom) wanted to go do something with the day and asked him to change his clothes. There was a little struggle and he came out of his room with a backpack. Kaylene intercepted the backpack as Braxton continued out into the garage.

We were all sitting in the room with her as she gracefully started unzipping the backpack and observing the contents. Braxton was planning on running away!! She pulled out a stuffed tiger and said, "Braxton, you can't take this tiger (and then she smelled it) because it stinks!" as she gently tossed the tiger across the room.

Kaylene then examined the clothing he had packed and said, "Braxton you can't run away with these clothes! They aren't the right size for you."

At this point I'm pretty hysterical. I mean, who says that! Okay, so then Braxton comes out and grabs the backpack and says, "I'm running away now!"

Kaylene says, "Where you going, Brax?"

He then responds with, "I'm going to Chicago!"

Wtf?? He walked out the door and was back within five minutes. I asked him if he was back from Chicago and he looked at me like I was daft. "I haven't left yet!"

Duh!

No comments: