Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Butt Call


Robin is Jacob's aid at school. Her and I have developed a pretty awesome friendship over this last year or so. Every morning I drop Jacob off, they put a cone behind my car (it makes me feel important) so that other cars can go around me while I chat with Robin about official business (like what she did last night or what kind of trouble our teenagers are causing us etc.).

It's really great because she also communicates Jacob's activities (good and bad) to me each day. I get a written report of his day as well as a verbal. Robin seems to be really fond of Jacob and is really good to him. I am so appreciative of her and all that she has done to help him along.

Okay, enough sappy drama crap. Here's the story of today. So, like Robin calls me to see if I can come in for my IEP at 2:30 in lieu of 3:00. IEP meeting? WTF???? I didn't have that on MY calendar. She says, "I'll get back to you." She does and it's her bad (whew!) my meeting isn't until June 4th. Thought so. So that's that.

A few more hours go by and I happen to look down at my phone. I have a missed call from Robin. "Oh crap", think I. Jacob is having another "episode". I quickly listen to my message only to hear that my phone had called her phone and she wanted to know what the heck I wanted.

For those of us who carry our cell phones in our back pockets a lot, we know exactly what was up . . . IT WAS A BUTT CALL!! Sorry Robin!

2 comments:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Hmm Do you still have and Iphone? I didn't know it would do that.

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

P.S. Comment from Derek, just on Shauna's computer.