Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mouses Rule!

My sister, my daughters and most women that I'm close to are pretty handy and actually enjoy the kitchen. They like to cook, create, bake and do whatever else goes on in that area of the house. Me, not so much. I NEED a recipe for everything I create and it's like pulling teeth for me to cook dinner each evening (we pretty much live on leftovers but then the problem with that is that you actually need to PREPARE food somewhere along the line to end up with leftovers!)

My family accepts this part of me (with some reluctance) and we work around it somehow. So that brings me to this morning. I'm assembling lunches for the team and throwing things into the blender to make some semblance of a healthy concoction to send the boys off to school with. I hear this noise coming from the sink area and it keeps getting louder and LOUDER! Wtf??

I go outside to see if the dogs are scratching themselves against the side of the house. No dice. Okay, so the noise MUST be coming from within. Apparently the mice have figured out the game plan (it only took them 12 stinkin years). Yup, that's right. They have moved in and taken up residency inside of the walls of my kitchen, for crying out loud.

So there we have it . . . if I want to reclaim that which should rightfully be mine, I need to be proactive. I need to actually figure out a way to generate activity in this scary place I call my kitchen!

No comments: