Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Top 10

There are so many things in my life that I have to be grateful for. I did mention a few days ago that I was prompted to list 100 things that I was grateful for. I won't bore anyone (least of all myself) by listing the first 100 that I came up with but it is amazing how many things there are when you actually start listing them.

In no particular order, here are my top 10 things today that I am grateful for:
  • My ride in the hills with Dave this afternoon. Awww it was the awesomist ride and we laughed and galloped our brains out. Thanks Dave for a great day.
  • It's Robbie's birthday and he got to go snowboarding with his brother. I am grateful that my boys get along and are able to go spend a day having a lot of fun together
  • Oh, yeah, the most decadent smores you could find in town. Brandilyn made smores for the twins and I and it was pretty righteous. Thanks Brandilyn.
  • Skip, Dave, Brandilyn and I were cold and we went out in the spa. It was 38 degrees outside and the spa was 102. Oh yeah. Nothing like a nice warm body.
  • My yoga class this morning. We went in expecting Suzanna - nice gentle Suzanna - and ended up in a class with Mollie who kicked some serious yoga butt!!! Nonetheless, we (I) are/am grateful for the workout. It was a nice start to a fabulous day
  • For Robbie's birthday, we are all meeting up at Olive Garden in Tracy for a yummy dinner. I am grateful for a wonderful family
  • It's officially the last day of Christmas break (tomorrow is church). I am not grateful that it is over but am soooo grateful for the fabulous time we have all had. Having Dave & Brandilyn here only made it so much more rich.
  • My husband who allows me to do the things that allow my soul to soar. He never balks when I take my yoga classes, go out for 3-5 mile runs, take off for 3-4 hour trail rides and then he even fixes my finger when I bust it up playing with my horses.
  • Really great friends that care - really care - about me. I know we all have friends that we "think" care but I have some choice friends that call for no reason other than to say "hi" and find out how my life is. Thank you for caring and loving me. It means so much.
  • Hummus. Okay, I know that is random but I can't help it. The garlic hummus from Trader Joes is just slammin'. I love the stuff and when I got back from a long ride and hadn't eaten since breakfast, nothing, and I mean NOTHING in this world sounded better than diving into a container of that hummus with some really awesome wheat crackers. Oh yeah. Actually, I think I'm heading back into the kitchen to go score some more of that stuff.

Okay, so there you have it. You can actually see that maybe I'm a little off because of my choice of things to be grateful and excited for today - right here, right now. I love life. What can I say? I'm happy and there isn't much in life that brings me down (okay, breaking my finger again wasn't exactly my choice of exciting events to happen but I'm coping somewhat).

No comments: