Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Positive

There are times when it's just plain difficult to come up with a positive attitude. There are times when you just want to sit down and cry and wish someone would just feel sorry for you. There are also times when you want to throw in the towel and say, "Forget this optimistic, glass-half-full, happy-go-lucky crap."

This would be one of those times. I'm making every effort to resist the temptation. So far, I'm teetering on the edge and could easily fall either way. I'm really going to strive to fall in the direction of my usual persona. You know, the one who is always joking, laughing and correcting people who make negative comments. So, where is that person in my life right now? Where is the person who is going to show me how to feel positive?

Oh, I get it. She's inside me. What? Did you say something? Oh, I get it. Okay, I'll just smile and find an activity that can take my mind of what's bugging me. I can do this. I can, I can, I can.

So, how did I do? Thanks. I think I'm pretty awesome too. That toothache is just a dim memory in the back of my . . . MOUTH! Ouch, crap this hurts!

That feels better now. :)

No comments: