Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy

Sometimes it's the most simple things in the world that make me the happiest. I can look back on my day thus far and proclaim that nothing spectacular happened. No big checks came in the mail (well, there wasn't any mail so that may have been the issue here), didn't win the lottery (don't play that anyway so that might be the reason), and I'm not on vacation at some exotic tropical paradise (not that I know of, anyway). However, I sit here with a huge smile on my face because . . . I'm just happy.

I live in California and we have had gorgeous, unusual, spring-like weather for over a week now, today was no exception. I had a stellar yoga class this morning. I went on a run up at the park in the dark, tripped and did a face plant in the dirt but came out of the ordeal with a laugh and minimal pain. I got to go on a ride on my horse today - even ponied the twins on the "doofus" horse. I enjoyed a delicious cup of hot chocolate with the sun on my face. My husband called and said that he loves to "just talk to me". My kids are all healthy and happy. Yes, today was a grand day.

It's amazing that we all seem to be waiting for the "big event" to make us happy when, actually, it's just the small day-to-day things that can make us the happiest. To stop and realize the beauty, joy and happiness that is there at our fingertips each and every day is the best blessing of all.

No comments: