Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lucky Girl!

This morning as I was heading out to feed my trusty steeds a shooting star streaked across the dark sky. It was a beautiful sight and it took my breath away. I love the early morning, always have, and I get excited when God sends me special little presents to put a smile on my face to start the day.

As I was walking with my close friend, Nan, I saw not one but TWO lucky pennies just laying on the ground smiling up at me (I don't pick them up because I think a child would love that opportunity better than I - besides it would be a little embarassing given the value of a penny anymore). I was grateful for the gentle reminder that "good luck" is always shining down upon me.

And, yes, lucky this day was. It was a beautiful California day - 71 degrees, warm and just gorgeous. I got to take a little snooze in my car with the sun on my face. I had wonderful friends to share in my bliss. I have a great family and all members appeared to have had a great day which, in turn, made my day even that much better.

I am healthy, happy and enjoy every day of my life. I am a lucky girl!

No comments: