Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dogs Rule!

Just know that the saying that goes something like: "The more I get to know people the more I love my dog" is dead on! Yup, dead on! I generally like people. I get along with pretty much everyone I meet. Today, however, I have to say I'm not so sweet on homo sapiens (or however you spell that word). Maybe it's just people who seem to be living in my household at the moment.

At any rate, I read my daughter's blog (www.stationwagonhaynes.blogspot.com) and had to say that there must be something in the air or the universe or whatever. For a mom that tries to be upbeat and positive I sure did tank today - and I mean in a bad way.

I got a call from Jacob's school requesting that I hurry down there immediately and pick up the child. He has been suspended for throwing a chair at the teacher (WHAT?!?). He's been having a progressivly bad week thus far and today was the crowning glory. Well, that wasn't the worst of it. I was in the middle of getting my nails done and a pedicure and had to walk out in the middle of the pampering experience. When I went back, they couldn't do me so I had to find another nail shop that could - I've been waiting three weeks for this. It just wasn't fair!!!!

When I got home from school with the twins, my teenage boys were both home. They were rapid fire asking for this and asking for that. I was going nuts! I think I actually said something like, "What? You're going to be all pissed off because there isn't a free flow of money from me to you?" I think he actually thought I was going to issue unlimited funds for his recreational use. NOT!!

I went up to the park with the twins and went on a long hike. We were gone for about 2 hours with the dogs. I cooled down, the twins got some exercise and I made it back for round two of the flogging. I was so grateful when one of the boys went to bed early because he was tired of me! Ditto!!! Jacob, at this moment is still working on homework and I'm ready to check out for the night. We need to back this train up and get on a different track to head back out tomorrow!

So, yeah, my dogs are looking pretty sweet right now!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

haha we're even grumpy on the same days. hopefully todays better...well, i got 14/10 on a new testament quiz (yeah, extra credit questions!) so it's looking good. and dave and i are having a cowboy-themed date night tonight--barbeque and john wayne movies. :) what's making your friday awesome, ofum???