Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

What Does Skip Do?


There is a question that I get asked constantly. I don’t think I really know. The man is retired yet he is always unavailabe. When I ask him to share in the load with the kids in the afternoons, it is always an exasperated look followed by, “Why are we just now discussing this, Jode?”

Call me irresponsible or call me disorganized but the bottom line is that I just don’t worry about today until . . . well. . . today! It’s just my way. Oh, I have a calendar – actually an iphone – that tells me where I’m supposed to be and what I’m supposed to be doing, but I don’t consult the thing until the day of because, like, why?

So that brings me back to the topic at hand. What does my husband do with his time? I can tell you what he does from my perspective which I’m sure differs a lot from his perspective (or his reality). My husband directs traffic on school mornings, plays golf on a regular basis and goes to meetings. Once in a great while I will see his body up at our place doing “things”.

In the evenings Skip can be found on his computer doing busy things. We haven’t figured out what those busy things are but he is really busy doing them and his desk is almost always a mess. It is all very important paperwork that has to do with the meetings and golf, I’m sure.
So, when the question is asked about my husband’s activities, I guess the answer would be, “He’s very busy doing busy things.” Why else would we never see the guy? Maybe we should ask Skip.

No comments: